I wrote this post this morning while sitting in a waiting room at an outpatient surgical center. I contemplated on what the topic would be today and I thought about taking post op pics and videos of my mom and writing about how goofy she was, but then decided that would be mean. Funny…but mean.
So instead, this is going to be a little “how to” blog. Sometimes I get complements on my nails and people are often surprised when I tell them that I painted them myself. It is super easy and does not require a steady hand. Don’t get me wrong, I like getting a manicure just as much as any girl…or guy. The problem is that I like to switch my nail color so often…and I’m cheap…
So here is my secret:
These are tiny little strips that I’m sure can be found anywhere. I got these at Wal-Mart. They make painting tips effortless.
1. File and push cuticles back as you normally would.
2. Place strips wherever you wish.
3. Choose your nail color. (Perhaps I should have made this step one…oh well.) I chose Essie’s “Turquoise & Caicos” because I would much rather be in Turks & Caicos and because it reminds me of dolphins. I like dolphins. Not sure why…
What was I talking about?
4. Apply polish to tips. I have found that you need about 3 coats of Essie polish in order for it to look really good.
5. Remove strips. No need to wait for polish to dry. Don’t worry if they are not perfect.
6. Apply clear coat. This step helps to hide the flaws and give it a finished look.
Take note of the fully polished index finger. I thought it would be a little different and cute. I also don’t always make the smartest decisions so early in the morning. Maybe I will add some white stripes when I get home…
There you go! It doesn’t take forever to do either. I did it sitting in the waiting room, all the while hoping in the back of my head that there were not any super asthmatic peeps present.
Please feel free to share any tips you might have!